Banana Nut Bread Recipe:
- 1 stick unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 bag walnuts, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fluff butter and sugar together in mixer. Split vanilla bean down the center and use knife to collect vanilla beans from pod. Add to butter/sugar mixture and continue to fluff.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and sift or stir together (flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder).
- Mash bananas in a small bowl and microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften.
- Add eggs one at a time to butter/sugar mixture and mix together.
- Add sour cream, bananas, and honey and mix.
- Add dry ingredients slowly and mix to combine with wet ingredients in mixer
- Use spatula to carefully add nuts.
- Pour into pre-greased/floured pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes depending on your oven (knife should come out without gooey mixture).
- Remove from pan and cool on cooling rack.
- Eat it up!