I picked up three jalapeno plants at the beginning of the summer because they were only $1.50 for all three plants. They have been growing and growing and recently I had a lot of jalapenos that had ripened and were ready to pick!
I sliced, pickled, and canned some of them to top of dishes throughout the year, but I still had tons left! So, I decided to make some homemade jalapeno peppers. These are baked too, so you don't have to feel as guilty as if you had fried them. So yummy!
- 10 jalapenos (cut in half, making 20 poppers)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and jack)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- Slice the jalapenos in half, lengthwise. Make sure to remove all of the seeds and ribs. Be careful, don't touch your face (or any other parts) before washing the spicy pepper juice off of your hands.
- Mix the sour cream, shredded cheese, and cumin.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the hollow jalapeno halves.
- Roll them in the flour, then the beaten eggs, then the bread crumbs.
- Place on baking sheet, and back for 20-30 minutes (or until golden brown and they are oozing gobbly goop of yumminess!) :)