Labels

Friday, December 30, 2011

Creamy Edamame Dip

In November John and I were sitting in the doctor's office waiting to find out why I felt so cruddy. Shortly we found out that I had walking pneumonia...thanks kids! ;)

While waiting we came across an interesting recipe for an edamame dip in Country Living magazine. John took a picture of it with his smart phone and we soon forgot about it. When we were planning the holiday shindig with my bff, LL, I remembered it!

I whipped it up and put it out during the party. It was a hit! Within a week of the party, I had already had two of my friends request the recipe. So, here it is! Best part, it's vegetarian and kind of healthy (minus the delicious cheese spread).


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups frozen, shelled Edamame
  • 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1/2 cup Garlic-Herb cheese spread (Boursin)
  • 1/2 cup light sour cream
  • 3 Tablespoons Tahini paste
  • 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, smashed
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions:
  1. Boil edamame according to package directions (stovetop or microwave); drain.
  2. Combine all ingredients in food processor. Add more sour cream, olive oil, or water if too thick.
  3. Transfer to bowl and chill in refrigerator.
  4. Serve with sesame crackers and/or fresh vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment