This veggie creation turned out tasty!!!
- Whole Wheat English Muffins
- Sliced Aged Provolone Cheese
- Tapenade (homemade or store bought-I used this recipe by Alton Brown)
- Fresh Basil
- Spread mayonaise on top of English muffin.
- Melt cheese in toaster oven on top piece after spreading mayo.
- Pile tapenade on bottom English muffin (the nooks and crannies soak up all the juice and keep things from getting to sloppy or messy).
- Place artichoke and fresh basil in between.
- Put sandwich together and enjoy!
I made these ahead of time and put them in the fridge wrapped in parchment paper for several hours. They kept well. We took them to Railroad Park and enjoyed them as we listened to the Alabama Symphony Orchestra perform in the park. Lovely evening!