Labels

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pork Meatballs and Veggie Stirfry

I picked up some Hoisin sauce at the local Asian market last week because I had heard it mentioned by several tv chefs. Even though I had never tasted the stuff, I popped open the lid, gave it a good sniff and prepared my method of attack! Results? Delicious, rich, sweet, savory, and the perfect amount of spicy (which is a lot for me, so if you don't like the spice so much tone down or cut out the sirachi and red pepper flakes on the recipe).

Recipe
Ingredients:
2 bell peppers, julienned
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup sliced button mushrooms
1 cup frozen baby lima beans
1 tablespoon ginger root, minced
cooked Chinese pork meatballs (I picked mine up frozen at Asian market)
1 chicken bullion
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Sirachi sauce
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
olive oil for pan

Directions:
  1. Drizzle just enough olive oil to cover the bottom of your wok, and place on medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic just enough to sweat them. Add chopped bell peppers, cooked meatballs, mushrooms, ginger root, and water. Continue to sauté for 5-10 minutes until everything is cooked through. Add baby limas and remaining ingredients and continue to cook for another 5 - 10 minutes. Cornstarch should help thicken up your sauce. I like to serve over thin spaghetti, but you can serve over rice if you prefer! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment