Summer is the perfect time to enjoy fresh, plump, and juicy fruits and vegetables. This blueberry crumble pie recipe is quite simple and delicious with a cold glass of milk!
Your friends and family (or whoever you decide to share this with) will be licking their chops for another piece. You just wait and see!
2-3 cups fresh blueberries
9 inch pie crust
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
dash of salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
- After placing pie dough into a lightly oiled glass pie dish, pierce dough with fork on bottom and along sides. Par-bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. This will ensure that the crust isn't all gooey on the bottom.
- Mix the beaten eggs with 1 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup flour, sour cream and salt.
- Put berries into par-baked crust and spoon sour cream mixture on top.
- In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup flour and combine well. Cut butter into pea-sized pieces and add to sugar/flour mixture with pastry tool or hands. You know crumble mixture is well combined when it resembles bread crumbs or Parmesan cheese.
- Carefully add crumble to top of pie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool for at least ten minutes, then enjoy!