Aarti is a really cute lady hailing from L.A. I found out about her because she is currently competing for the next food network star. She uses her Indian background to bring an Indian flair to all kinds of unique dishes...and she is adorable! Her blog even has fun episodes of Aarti Parti that are full of quirky happenings (from her playing ukulele with a friend to playing on the word fish with a silly montage).
Check out her blog AND if you like her you should let food network know you want to see more of her on their channel.
Oh, the amazing fish taco recipe that has a delicious mint-cumin mayo to go with is here
2-3 hass avocados
1 large clove garlic, minced
1/8 cup red or yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
1/8 cup purple onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
dash of salt
- Cut avocados in half and discard seed. Use a large spoon to scoop out all of the "meat." Make sure you get it all, you don't want to waste any!
- Add enough lime juice to lightly coat avocados. This will prevent oxidation from occurring and keep your avocados a lovely light green color (as opposed to browning).
- Use potato masher to mash up avocados.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill before serving (make sure plastic wrap is touching the guacamole to further prevent oxidation.