How cute is this earring holder? Very! And it was so simple and easy to make. It only requires 2 supplies and 2 tools; and it only takes about 2o minutes of your time. You could spend endless hours organizing your earrings on it into various combinations, but that is all on you! Plus, I really like the look of chicken wire and have really been drawn to octagon inspired shapes recently. I have even seen cabinets in farmhouse inspired kitchens that use chicken wire in the cabinets.
I have already found that I utilize more of my jewelry since making these because I can actually see what I have when I am getting ready. Before, I would just wear my regular go-to's because they were on top of the pile and I didn't really have time to dig around and look for the perfect pair.
What you will need:
- Chicken Wire (I got a 24ft x 12in roll for about $6 at my local hardware store)
- Wire cutters
- Picture Frame (Picked up two for $1 at the thrifty)
- Heavty Duty hand-held staple gun (like the kind used for upholstery)
- Take backing off of picture frame and discard of glass, matte, backing and whatever hideous picture might be in there.
- Lay picture frame down onto rolled out piece of chicken wire to see how much wire you need to trim off.
- Use wire cutters to cut a piece of chicken wire slightly smaller than the frame.
- Use staple gun to secure chicken wire to the back of picture frame.
- Hang on wall and fill with your favorite earrings!
**You can adhere felt pads on the back of frame if you are worried about the rough wire edges damaging your walls.