Labels

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Succulents!


Down the street from my house is a really charming local plant shop called "Libby's Plant Odyssey." I was passing by and noticed a sign that boasted "annual clearance sale." I quickly slammed on the breaks, and whipped into the parking lot. I got several great succulents (my favorite) and brought them home for potting.
P.S.-I got all of these for $13 (minus the flapjack which I picked up at the farmer's market this weekend).

Tips for Care and Maintenance of Succulents:
  • Ensure proper drainage of your pot by placing pebbles in the bottom of you pot (too much water means rotting, dying plants...insert sad face here).
  • Mix regular potting soil with equal (or close to equal) parts sand.
  • Pack them in tight, they like to be snug. :)
  • Top with small pebbles (not mulch, which could lead to rotting).
  • During a hot summer, water every 5-7 days.
  • Bring in during the winter and only water every 2-3 weeks.
  • When in doubt, don't water...it's better to under water than over water with these guys

No comments:

Post a Comment